Saturday, February 12, 2011

Flowers

Last night, my husband said to me, "Even after almost 9 years, I still can't get enough of you!" Then he pulled me in for a sweet kiss. It was romantic and it made me smile. It gave the warm and fuzzies you hear about all the time and experience on brief occasions. Then, later, I feel asleep in his arms on the couch. It was really nice.

This morning, I signed onto Facebook and saw that my father-in-law gave my mother-in-law a dozen gorgeous red roses. Now, I'm not really a rose fan. I think they're pretty, but I also think they're kinda staid and cliche. But it got me thinking. When was the last time I got flowers? And I thought about it... and I thought about it... And I realized that the last time I got flowers was almost two years ago! And then I got a little hurt.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't base my relationship on gifts he does or doesn't get me. I love him and am so happy being with him. And yes he does have his own way of showing me he loves me. He really is a wonderful man. But I miss the flowers and candy and dinner thing. The last time he and I went out to dinner on our own was for my 23rd birthday. But that's not the problem.

The problem is that I am jealous of those flowers. I love getting flowers, but it hasn't happened in a while. And for some reason I feel like crying. So gift to me!!

Yay, virtual flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment