Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My favorite time of day

I like to say to people who have babies, "I remember what that was like..." My daughter is 7 years old so I can usually say been there, done that. After all, what has a toddler done that my baby hasn't?

Well, a strange fact occurred to me today. I have no effing clue!! After I was promoted to customer(what we called being fired at my last job), I became a stay at home mom desperately trying to find a job. So, (hopefully) temporarily, I babysit my niece and nephew who are 3 and 2 respectively. I also babysit my sister's friend's daughter who is a whole whopping 18 mos. When I was asked to do it, I thought, "No problem. Been there, done that." Yeah, no.

I come home more tired everyday when I watch just one. I find that my patience at the end of the day is nil to none and my motivation is... well, it ran out the door when I woke up. I am mentally drained, physically exhausted, and emotionally cracked by 7 pm. My day doesn't usually end until about midnight. I'm sure you can see how the rest of my day goes. =)

With all the stress it's a wonder there is a time of day I look forward to! But there is. Right now. I'm sitting in it right now, as I type. Bedtime. Glorious, glorious bedtime. Big sigh of relief!

Today I had all three, 1 in the morning, the other 2 at night. I was frazzled by the time I got here and chasing 2 toddlers with more energy then I could ever know what to do with, well, makes me wanna pull my hair out. I love my hair. But 8 pm hit and suddenly there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Down for bed they go! Now I sit in the first moment of silence I've had since 5:30 this morning and the only thing I'm missing is my glass of wine... Guess beggars can't be choosers. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment